Millions of people around the world drink coffee every day. Whether it is iced, hot, black or blended, this drink made by blending coffee beans and water is a part of their normal routine. To some people, drinking coffee is as habitual as it is drinking water. Coffee is known to have many health benefits and it keeps us functional.
There Are Little Exciting Facts About This Wonderful Drink. Some Of Them Are Enlisted Below:
- The word “coffee” entered the English language in 1582 via the Dutch word ‘koffie’, borrowed from the Turkish word ‘kahve‘, in turn, borrowed from the Arabic word ‘qahhwat al-bun’.
- Coffee is actually a fruit. The coffee bean is not a seed and it is a fruit pit, sometimes known as ‘Coffee Cherry’.
- Coffee is a psychoactive drug (unlike many of this kind, Coffee is legal). It activates the mystical side of your mind.
- It takes 5 years for a coffee tree to mature enough to yield its first crop.
- Coffee is best if consumed between 9:30 am and 11:30 am.
- After petroleum, coffee is the second most selling commodity in the world.
- Brazil is the largest producer of coffee in the world. It produces 40% of the world’s coffee, followed by Colombia and Vietnam.
- On an average, around 500 million cups of coffee are consumed daily all around the world; making coffee the world’s most consuming beverage.
- There are two species of the coffee beans – Arabica and Robusta. Robusta contains two times more caffeine than Arabica.
- Once roasted, a coffee bean expands in volume but decreases in weight (Just like popcorn!)
- The caffeine and antioxidants presented in the coffee beans are supposed to have a rejuvenating effect on the skin. Coffee face masks, coffee spa, and coffee bath are popular among beauty conscious people.
- The Turkish were so addictive to the coffee that the Turkish word for breakfast literally translates to ‘before coffee’ and the word brown translates to ‘the color of coffee’.
- Hawaii is the only US state that commercially grows coffee. Likely because it is the only state in the US with adequate climatic conditions and rich soil required to effectively grow lots and lots of coffee beans.
- New York is known as the ‘Coffee Capital of the USA’. People in New York drink seven times more coffee than people in other cities in the US.
- In the past, Arab women can file a divorce case against their husbands if their husbands did not provide them with enough coffee. Strange but legal!
- For Ailurophiles, there is a cat café in Japan and Korea where these people can go to drink coffee and hang out with cats for hours. (Not ailurophile? Still, you can go!)
- Theodore Roosevelt, the 26th President of the United States, was said to drink about a gallon of coffee per day!
- One of the most expensive coffee brands in the world, Black Ivory Coffee Company Ltd uses the dung of Thai elephants for coffee preparation.
- Unlike other psychoactive drugs, you can overdose coffee. But you have to consume over 100 cups a day!
- Coffee drinkers are at a lower risk of diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s Disease, Type II Diabetes, and Heart Disease.
Hopefully, you learned a little more about this interesting drink. Thanks for reading, and happy coffee drinking!
Please visit foodondeal.com and order your coffee with In Brooklyn.